Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ella's 1st Birthday Party

 We had Ella's birthday party about a week and a half ago.  We really wanted it to be a celebration.  I really feel like there was this huge build up to her party for Erik and I.  A lot of processing.  I 'processed' by planning the biggest and most decorated party I have ever done and Erik 'processed' by putting together the most touching video of Ella's first year of life.  I know....who's the shallow one.  ;)  For some reason, though, this party was a big deal to us.  Like a milestone that we just wanted to get past.  


We invited so many people because we wanted it to be a celebration of life that glorified God for all that He has done. Also a celebration of our friends and family, a wonderful community that surrounded us with love, food, prayer, laughter, and tears when we most needed it.  We are so thankful for all of them and wanted an opportunity to say 'thank you!' in person.  


So enjoy pictures of a grand birthday party.  If you know me, I am not one to go all out for my children's birthday parties.  I usually try to keep it simple, but this was a lot of firsts: first birthday, first girl....so that's my excuse.  Thank you all for your support.  On to a new year of growing and trusting.


















2 comments:

The Lochheads said...

What a beautiful party!!! We are so bummed we were out of town. That girl is the cutest thing--a precious gift! What an amazing outpouring of your gratitude...how blessed we've been to follow Ella's story. All our love to you! LE and family

The Boggs Family said...

Oh the love poured into all those incredible details!! Wow!... what a gift to celebrate & do it up with such welling joy & gratitude! Everything looks so dang cute - like, should be featured in a magazine!! How did you come up with all those fantastic ideas?! :) And the video Erik put together ---aaaaahhhhmazing. Brought tears to our eyes, big time. What a beautiful family! Hugs & love...