Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One week ago, today.


Our dear baby daughter, Ella has been with us for one week today.  It is amazing, though, because it feels like she has been in our lives forever.  I was having a really hard time getting out of bed today.....I just didn't want to face it.  My wonderful husband comforted me and reminded me that we always feel better after we go and see Ella.  Erik is a wonderful support and I could not have asked for anyone better than him to be my husband for the rest of my life.  I am one lucky girl.

I got up and showered and headed to the hospital while my mom took care of our boys.  She has been a rock for our boys, especially Elijah since he is a creature of routine.  Erik and I headed to the hospital to be greeted by our gorgeous baby girl.  There is something about being with her that is such a great comfort.  To be able to sit in her quiet room with her, Erik, and our Creator has been such a blessing and a breath of fresh air lately.  I just love talking with Erik over her bed, praying, and being still.  Jesus is at work and I can feel it.

10 comments:

Cottage Mommy said...

She is one precious little baby. And a happy one week birthday to her as well! I was talking to my sister today and she had shared a prayer request with her Mom's group last week and they talked about Ella again today. She said it was really neat to see the ladies that were checking this blog and really invested in Ella and your family and praying for her. It has been amazing to see so many people that you don't know come together to pray for Ella and your family. God has really been doing wondrous things this past week! Ella's life has already touched so many people and I think that is already such an amazing legacy for her at just one week old. One day she will have amazing stories to tell about her start in this world. Love to all of you.

Courtney Henson

Amy... said...

You are such a beautiful writer, Christa. But you have such a beautiful heart...both you and Erik do. I love you guys so much. Kisses to your three precious ones.

~amy

Jen said...

I love the picture of sweet Ella and your post! Continuing to pray for healing and strength.

Coby said...

I remember when our twins were in the NICU - once I was holding them, loving on them, and mothering them...that's when everything felt just right and just as it should be.

Jesus is at work, indeed!

agraf said...

I am praying for you and your family. The students in my first and second grade class in Port Orchard, WA have also prayed for Ella.

Sarah said...

I just love the pictures and videos where we can see Ella's beautiful eyes! She is on my heart and mind every single day!

Andi Mae said...

This is such a beautiful post, Christa! I love you, dear friend and have not stopped praying for your sweet girl + for a miracle! Happy Birthday, Ella! We love you so much.

Chelle said...

Thanking Jesus for your beautiful week with her. Thanking him for how He's used her to, in such a short time touch + change the hearts of hundreds with His love. Thanking Him for each sweet and special time you are able to spend by her side. Thanking him for the perfectly beautiful miracle that she is. And for all He is doing.

Praying. Day and night. xo

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

I don't know you personally, my friend Anna (Collins-Wakeman) posted a link on her blog and I jumped over here to check it out. My brother was born premature with countless conditions rendering the likelihood of surviving 1 year at less than 10%. His life has been an unspeakable miracle, and my mom wrote about it when he turned three (he is 21 now). I posted the story she wrote back then on my blog a bit ago and I thought maybe you'd like to read it: http://www.delightfully-tacky.com/2010/09/bens-story.html

kynders said...

man, she's a gorgeous little angel!